Presenting at Edge’s Annual Conference, EdgeCon, provides an opportunity to showcase your knowledge, experience, and perspective while building your professional network in the Edge community. This is a great chance to share your ideas, learn from others, and engage with colleagues. The conference’s community-generated program will showcase best practices, success stories, live demonstrations, or solutions to community-wide issues within a variety of track themes listed below.
We seek a vast array of experiences and experience levels from among our Edge membership and beyond. If you believe your material will deepen understanding, demonstrate successful digital transformation, or showcase exciting in-progress or planned initiatives, please submit a proposal.
* As an added incentive, the conference registration fee is waived for accepted presenters.
Please click on the headings below to learn more about Proposal Submission:
Proposal Submission Requirements
The theme for EdgeCon is Digital Transformation: From Strategy to Practice, with a focus on transformational initiatives and accomplishments of interest to professionals in the K-20 education, health care, library and government sectors. The program selection committee will be looking for topics that relate to and develop this theme for our EdgeCon attendees.
Our goal is to showcase your expert knowledge for our attendees. Please keep the following ideas in mind as you submit your proposal to maximize the chances your proposal will be selected.
- Breakout sessions will typically be allocated in a 60-minute format. However, alternative lengths/formats will be considered if a compelling case for doing so is presented in the proposal.
- Sessions can take the form of Presenter-led Presentations, Interactive Presentations, Panel Discussions, or Live Demonstrations.
- Your submission should clearly outline the outcomes and value of your session for the audience. Remember, the theme of EdgeCon 2019 is Digital Transformation: From Strategy to Practice. The best presentation submissions will indicate clear takeaways for attendees that tie in to the conference theme.
- Presenters are also encouraged to develop sessions around real-world case studies and success stories to encourage sharing of community best practices, whether based on an internal project or achieved by joining forces with an industry partner.
Program Track Themes
- Learner centric instructional design – technologies and techniques that are transforming instruction and the student experience
- The importance of digital business strategy to transforming your organization in the digital age
- The importance of Big Data to advance research and education while driving economic development
- Best practices for managing cybersecurity risk, including people, process, and technology
- The promise of Open Educational Resources, augmented/virtual reality applications, machine learning and other emerging technologies for pedagogical efficacy
- Other – outline how your unique session topic highlights strategies to achieve digital transformation
To start the submission process, Submit Information below and choose the presenter registration path. You will be asked to include the following information:
- Presenter name(s) and contact information
- Specify which industry vertical you are representing (K-12, Government, Higher Ed, Healthcare, Library, Sponsor, Other)
- Self-selection of conference track theme that best aligns with your presentation
- Proposed Session Title
- A session abstract (max 250 words)
- A short bio of proposed speaker(s)
- Professional Picture
Once You’ve Submitted a Proposal…
Presentation proposals will be accepted and reviewed on a case by case. Once the call for proposals is closed, the selection committee will make the final decisions on the conference program, and will notify selected presenters by email. All accepted presenters will receive a complimentary full conference registration (not including hotel stay). Please note that a laptop/projector will be in the room on the day of the session for your use. If your proposal is accepted, a presentation is due no later than December 7, 2018. Presenters will receive an EdgeCon template for their proposal as well as specific guidance regarding form and format for the submission.
Interest in Facilitating?
Facilitators play an important role in assuring the quality of each session, introducing the presenters and providing a brief overview of how the presenters’ topic fits with the conference theme. The facilitator also ensures the presenters remain on schedule, encourages audience engagement, and summarizes the key points from the session. If you wish to lend your expertise to facilitate a session please submit a presenter registration, and indicate your desire to facilitate – there is no abstract or presentation detail needed to register for this role.