Security Group The newest among the Edge practice groups, the Cybersecurity Practice Group recognizes that security in all of its facets touches every aspect of the enterprise and extends well beyond the perimeter of the enterprise network. This Practice Group focuses on the full spectrum of cybersecurity concerns and dedicates itself to understanding, supporting and uniting the people, processes, standards and technologies that are needed to mitigate threats to our organizations, their students and personnel. The Group’s domain expertise pertains to workflows and cybersecurity processes to:
- Secure the enterprise network and data
- Prevent losses and reduce threat vectors
- Efficiently utilize resources
- Determine strategies to maximize the ROI on security centered application and infrastructure investments.
- Promote adoption of national standards to inform local policy and endorses developing metrics and common threat indicators to monitor risk.
For more information on joining this Practice Group, please email us. VMware Group The VMware Practice Group focuses on the effective use of VMware technology and enterprise wide virtualization and secure computing environments. Practitioners include those who currently have implemented VMware solutions and those wanting to learn how to further leverage their technology investment in this best-in-class technology solution. Members of the VMware group will meet regularly with senior VMware officials to:
- Review the VMware roadmap and leverage existing VMware infrastructure
- Examine specific implementations
- Evaluate use cases for VMware,
- Collaborate, learn, and provide feedback to VMware across the following industries:
For more information on joining this Practice Group, please contact Michael Hacker. Educational and Emerging Technologies Group The Education and Emerging Technology Practice Group convenes around the multiple facets of technology and pedagogy including the review and analysis of:
- Best practices at the intersection of instruction and technology
- Delivery of online education and effective use of instructional design
- Emerging educational technologies
- Learning space design and digital learning environments
- Assurance strategies for student success.
This collaboration is accomplished by bringing together the collective expertise of faculty, technologists and administration to stimulate and sustain online and hybrid learning initiatives and emerging educational technologies through events such as the Faculty Showcase and Best Practices Summit, as well as group meetings with speaker forums and demonstrations offered periodically throughout the year. For more information on joining this Practice Group, please contact Dr. Edward Chapel. Illumira® Group The illumira Practice Group collaborates on:
- Platform best practices
- The illumira roadmap and New and advanced illumira features and functions
- Innovative uses of the Edge digital asset management platform.
Drawing on the knowledge of educators, instructional designers, librarian, and educational technologists, the advanced use of the platform is shared through case studies, webinars, and briefings. Meeting once per year at EdgeCon, Edge’s annual meeting, this Group interacts with illumira product managers and engineers, and builds a community of illumira users who can share ideas, advanced knowledge of the platform, and its analytic and disability compliance features. For more information on joining this Practice Group, please contact Purva Thakur.